100 Swami Vivekananda Quotes Sayings Thoughts in English
We have collected the Best Swami Vivekananda's Quotes in English for You. This collection of Swami Vivekananda Quotes will burn you. We have tried our best to collect most famous and popular quotes for you from all over Internet...
We have included all type of swami vivekananda quotes on education - swami vivekananda quotes about education, swami vivekananda quotes on love, swami vivekananda quotes on youth etc.
Swami Vivekananda Sayings in English & Swami Vivekananda Thoughts will inspire you in your day to day life. You can this Swami Vivekananda Morning Quotes to start your day. Also, you can bookmark the page to get the fresh updates and don't forget to share our collection with your friends...
1. Arise, Awake and stop not until the goal is reached.
2. Talk to yourself once in a day, otherwise you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.
3. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
4. All the power is within you, you can do anything and everything. belive in that; don't belive that you are week, stand up and express the divinity within you.
Three Golden Rules...
Who is helping you, don't forget them. Who is loving you, don't hate them. Who is trusting you, don't cheat them.
6. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
7. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel for.
8. Take risks in your life, if you win, you can lead. If you loose, you can guide!
9. Be a hero, always say, I have no fear!
10. Strength is life weakness is death.
11. All power is within you; you can do anything and everything.
12. What is the reason for every misunderstanding. Vivekananad: the reason is, we see the people as we are, but not as they are...
13. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
14. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life. Think of it. Dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
15. Everything that is excellent will come when this sleeping soul is aroused to self conscious activity.
16. The whole secret of existence is to have no fear, Never fear that will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
17. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life. Think of it, dream of it. Live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea and just leave every other idea alone. This the way to Success. and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced. Others are mere talking machines.
18. They alone live, who live for others.
19. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
20. The more you think of yourself as shining immortal spirit, the more eager you will be to be absolutely free of matter, body, and sense. This is the intense desire to be free.
21. True guidance is like a small torch in a dark forest. It doesn't show everything once. But gives enough light for the next step to be safe.
22. This world is ready to give up its secrets if we only know how to knock, how to give it the necessary blow. The strength and force of the blow come through concentration.
23. See for the highest, sim at the highest, and you shall reach the highest.
24. You are the creator of your own destiny.
25. Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way adsorb it; do not become others.
26. All power is within you; you can do anything and everything.
27. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
28. All weakness, all bondage is imagination, do not weaken. Stand up and be strong. That is all the religion I know. Never be weak. You must be strong. You have infinite strength within you.
29. Faith, faith, faith is ourselves, faith, faith is God. This is the secret of greatness.
30. Each work has to pass through these stages - ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
31. Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.
32. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny.
33. We speak of many things parrot-like, but never do them, speaking and not doing has become a habit with us. What is the cause of that? Physical weakness. This sort of weak brain is not able to do anything; we must strengthen it.
34. There is a glory in happiness, there is a glory in suffering.
35. If I love myself despite my infinite faults, how can I hate anyone at the glimpse of a few faults.
36. Britisher to Vivekanand; can't you wear proper cloths to be a Gentleman?
Vivekananda: In your culture dress makes gentleman but in our culture character makes gentleman.
37. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
38. Al the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
39. The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
40. Man never dies, nor is he ever born, bodies die, but he never dies.
41. Like fire in a piece of flint, knowledge exists in the mind. Suggestion is the friction which brings it out.
42. The uplift of the women, the awakening of the masses must come first, and then only can any real good come about for the country, for India.
43. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
44. Face the brutes. That is a lesson for all life-face the terrible, face it boldly. Like the monkeys, the hardships of life fall back when we cease to flee before them.
45. Strength is life, weakness is death.
46. The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.
47. Relationships are more important than life, but it is important for those relationships to have life in them...
48. Never be weak, you must be strong: you have infinite strength with in you.
49. The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.
50. The fire that warms us, can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.
51. The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.
52. Like me or hate me, both are in my favor, if you like me I am in your heart, if you hate me I am in your mind.
53. We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act.
54. Do not hate anybody, because that hatred which comes out from you must, in the long run, come back to you. If you love, that love will come back to you, completing the circle.
55. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
56. Be the servant while leading. Be unselfish. Have infinite patience, and sucess in yours.
57. Date to free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life.
58. Never think there is anything impossible for the soul.
59. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
60. The Vedanta recognizes no sin it only recognizes error. And the greatest error, says the Vedanta is to say that you are weak, that you are a sinner, a miserable creature, and that you have no power and you cannot do this and that.
61. May He who is the Brahman of the Hindus, the Ahura-Mazda of the Zoroastrians, the Buddha of the Buddhists, the Jehovah of the Jews, the Father in Heaven of the Christians give strength to you to carry out your noble idea.
62. The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.
63. Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin; to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
64. External nature is only internal nature writ large.
65. That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.
66. In one word, this ideal is that you are divine.
67. Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
68. When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.
69. Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
70. Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
71. The will is not free - it is a phenomenon bound by cause and effect - but there is something behind the will which is free.
72. If money help a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.
73. If faith in ourselves had been more extensively taught and practiced, I am sure a very large portion of the evils and miseries that we have would have vanished.
74. The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.
75. God is to be worshipped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.
76. As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God.
77. All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
78. Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.
79. That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.
80. Fill the brain with high thoughts, highest ideals, place them day and night before you, and out of that will come great work.
81. Every action that helps us manifest our divine nature more and more is good; every action that retards it is evil.
82. In one word, this ideal is that you are divine.
83. It is the cheerful mind that is persevering. It is the strong mind that hews its way through a thousand difficulties.
84. Knowledge can only be got in one way, the way of experience; there is no other way to know.
85. As soon as you know the voice and understand what it is, the whole scene changes. The same world which was the ghastly battlefield of maya is now changed into something good and beautiful.
86. Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If not, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
87. The less passion there is, the better we work. The calmer we are the better for us and the more the amount of work we can do. When we let loose our feelings, we waste so much energy, shatter our nerves, disturb our minds, and accomplish very little work.
88. If there is one word that you find coming out like a bomb from the Upanishads, bursting like a bombshell upon masses of ignorance. It is the word ‘fearlessness’.
89. All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
90. Superstition is our great enemy, but bigotry is worse.
91. Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and, above all, love.
92. Watch people do their most common actions; these are indeed the things that will tell you the real character of a great person.
93. Who makes us ignorant? We ourselves. We put our hands over our eyes and weep that it is dark.
94. Blows are what awaken us & help to break the dream. They show us the insufficiency of this world & make us long to escape, to have freedom.
95. We reap what we sow. We are the makers of our own fate. None else has the blame, none has the praise.
96. To devote your life to the good of all and to the happiness of all is religion. Whatever you do for your own sake is not religion.
97. Be a hero. Always say, ‘I have no fear.’ Tell this to everyone – ‘Have no fear.’
98. The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
99. This, I have seen in life – those who are overcautious about themselves fall into dangers at every step. Those who are afraid of losing honor and respect, get only disgrace; and those who are always afraid of loss, always lose.
100. Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.